We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cabbage is one of the healthiest vegetables around. Recipes for cooking various cabbage dishes are very diverse. Marinating cabbage with garlic is one of the options for preparing a vegetable.
Cabbage marinated in this way turns out to be more healthy and tasty, due to the content in cabbage and garlic of an incredible amount of trace elements necessary for the body.
From minerals in the composition of pickled cabbage with garlic, there are isolated: iron, potassium, iodine, calcium, magnesium, manganese, sodium, phosphorus, fluorine, silicon, boron, zinc, selenium.
What kind of vegetable to choose?
Almost all types of cabbage are suitable for pickling: white cabbage, red cabbage, Peking cabbage, and even broccoli. The only limitation is that too young heads of cabbage should not be taken: heat treatment softens the vegetable. When pickling, the characteristics of the types of cabbage are taken into account.
Peking cabbage is softer and more tender than other types of vegetables, therefore pickling faster than white cabbage or broccoli. But red cabbage when pickling in large pieces is not cut like white cabbage or Peking cabbage: it will be pickled for a very long time and will remain tough.
You can even pickle seaweed, which we talk about in this article.
The benefits and harms of such a dish
Cabbage is rich in valuable vitamins of group B, K, PP, C... Contains amino acids, phytoncides, fiber. Also enriched with minerals: iron, iodine, manganese, copper, cobalt, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium. 100 grams contains: 28 kcal; 1.8 grams of protein; 4.7 carbohydrates; 0.2 fat.
When pickling, cabbage is heat treated, so vitamins and minerals are not completely retained in the product. But most of the essential substances during pickling are not destroyed and are beneficial to the body.
Pickled vegetable with success:
- used for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases;
- effective for the treatment of stomach ulcers, lowering blood pressure, preventing colds;
- with the help of fiber, it removes cholesterol and other unnecessary substances from the body;
- improves intestinal microflora;
- helps to cope with vitamin deficiency.
The pickled vegetable is not recommended for thyroid diseases, stomach ulcers or duodenal ulcers. Contraindicated in people with high acidity: the vegetable is difficult to digest because it contains a lot of fiber.
Cabbage contains tertronic acid, which protects the body from obesity and diabetes. The acid prevents the processing of sugar and other carbohydrates into adipose tissue, promotes rapid breakdown.
What is useful and what is harmful, as well as the calorie content of pickled cabbage, is discussed in a separate article.
How to marinate with garlic?
The classic version of pickled cabbage preparation contains a minimal set of products. The vegetable is marinated in a three-liter jar.
For cooking you will need:
- cabbage - 1 kg;
- garlic - one small head.
For the marinade:
- water for the marinade - 1 l.;
- vinegar - 2 tsp;
- salt and sugar 2 tbsp each spoons.
- Prepare vegetables:
- Remove the top leaves and rinse well, divide the head of cabbage into parts and cut the stump.
- Peel the garlic.
- Chop the cabbage, grate the garlic.
- Stir the vegetables and fold tightly into the jar.
- Prepare the marinade: in an enamel saucepan, boil a liter of water with added salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour vegetables in a jar with hot marinade and close tightly with a lid (we talked about cooking cabbage in a hot marinade here).
- Marinate at room temperature for three days, then put in the refrigerator.
- Serve with vegetable oil.
How else you can marinate cabbage in a jar to make it crispy is written here, and recipes for pickled cabbage in jars for the winter can be found here.
We suggest watching a video on how to cook pickled cabbage with garlic according to the classic recipe:
Fast cooking method
Convenient in that cabbage is pickled in this way in just a short period of time, and therefore the finished product can be served on the table in a couple of hours.
For quick cooking delicious pickled cabbage you will need:
- one young head of cabbage;
- three cloves of garlic;
- one large carrot.
For the marinade:
- litere of water;
- a tablespoon of salt and sugar;
- acetic acid (9% solution) one teaspoon;
- four peppercorns and two bay leaves;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml.
- Cut vegetables into small thin strips, garlic through a fine grater. Mix everything and put in a glass container.
- Prepare the marinade, boil for no longer than three minutes and leave to cool.
- Pour vegetables with cooled brine. Cover the jar with a lid and leave to infuse at room temperature for up to two hours.
Store the finished snack for no more than four days, and before use add herbs and onions, season with sunflower oil.
We offer you to watch a video on how to cook pickled cabbage with instant garlic:
Various recipe variations
With carrots, beets
When pickling, cabbage goes well with carrots, beets. These vegetables complement the dish with vitamins and nutrients. They give an unusual sweetish taste and delicate aroma. Beet juice gives the preparation a pleasant pinkish color, which becomes brighter over time and causes an appetite.
The recipe for cooking cabbage with beets is similar to the classic harvesting method.
- Grate the beets and blanch in boiling water.
- Then, after five minutes, put in a colander, cool and mix with cabbage.
- If you add more carrots to the cabbage, you get a golden yellowish tint and a very pleasant taste.
You will find a delicious recipe for instant pickled cabbage with beets here, and how to pickle cabbage with carrots and other vegetables is written in our material.
Adding oil to pickled cabbage is a great way to increase the healthiness of a product. The oil is added when preparing the brine.
When serving the preparation to the table, dressing with vegetable oil increases the taste of the product and imparts a light aroma.
We suggest watching a video on how to cook pickled cabbage with garlic and oil:
With apple cider vinegar
There are many recipes for making marinade, including pickled cabbage with apple cider vinegar. Such the dish cooks very quickly, it will be possible to serve it after 5 hours.
Apple cider vinegar is added to the marinade in the final step.
Cabbage is much tastier with the addition of sugar, but if necessary, the marinade is prepared without sugar: add only salt to the brine. Then the taste of the dish will be slightly different, but all the same, the preparation turns out to be tasty and crispy.
Pickled cabbage seasoned with vegetable oil is used as an independent dish... Also goes well with any cereals and potatoes. Recommended as a side dish for rice, porridge, pasta. You can make a delicious vinaigrette from the blank. When serving, add chopped onions and parsley with dill to the cabbage.
Pickled cabbage with garlic is a very healthy dish. It is an excellent addition to meat, fish, and many other dishes. Any types of cabbage are pickled - both white cabbage, which is simply created for pickling, and red cabbage, and Peking, and cauliflower.